Last Modified: July 6, 2018
MeetHook, owned and operated by MeetHook, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“MeetHook”, “we” or “us”), is a web and smartphone application platform (the “App”) that connects people 1-on-1 for real time, on-demand, live video chat Sessions.
Collection of Information
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about Hosts and Users, some of which is personally identifiable and some of which is non-identifying or aggregated, including but not limited to:
· information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, mobile telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, social security number, birthday, credit card or debit card information, and related billing information, including but not limited to bank name and account and routing number, business/entity type, and billing address (“personal information”), including payment information collected and processed by Stripe and PayPal (see “Collection of information by Third Party Providers” below);
· information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
· information about your internet connection, the equipment both software and hardware you use to access the Services and usage details.
We collect this information (i) directly from you when you provide it to us, (ii) automatically as you use the Services (which information may include usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) and MAC addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies), and (iii) from third parties (such as our business partners and service providers).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the App, the Website, email, text, files, media, audio, video or otherwise through your use of the Services may include (i) information that you provide about yourself or others by using our Services, including information provided at the time of registering or subscribing to use our Services (such as username, password, e-mail address, and all other information that you add to your account or Profile), posting material or requesting further Services; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us; (iii) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and (iv) details of any transactions that you carry out through the Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to Hosts and Users or third parties, including, but not limited to, any messages, ratings, videos, photos, files, metadata, sounds, and music that are viewable or accessible through the App and any text, emails, pictures, videos, audio, files, media, block data, analytical data, network transport packets, reports, documents, and/or metadata that you have sent or received during MeetHook sessions (“Content”). Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of Hosts and Users. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. You should not submit, transmit, or upload personal information or any other information about yourself or others that you are not comfortable disclosing to the general public. This information may be viewable and searchable by Hosts and Users and third parties on indexing websites such as Google, and may be disclosed to third parties under certain circumstances as provided herein.
Information Collected Through Data Tracking Technologies
As you use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your use of the Services (such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data) and information about your devices and internet connection (including but not limited to: your IP address, MAC Addressing, location, session types, operating system and browser type).
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see “Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information” below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Log Information. We may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs when you use the Services, including details about how you used the Services, IP address, hardware addressing, and additional information specific to your device (such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language).
Device Identifiers. We may collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, mobile network information and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Services are performing and improve the Services for you on your particular device.
Location-Based Data. We may collect and process information about your geographic location (for example, through GPS signals) when you use the Services. We will not store or track your device location on an ongoing basis or without your permission. We do not share precise geolocation data with third parties, other than our service providers as necessary to provide the Services.
Analytics Data. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These third-party analytics do not collect direct personal information about any Host or User.
Why We Collect Information
The information we collect helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to estimate size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests, connect you with Hosts and Users as applicable, and recognize you when you use the Services.
Legal Bases for Processing
We process personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- Performance of a Contract. We use personal data to enter into and to perform under, an agreement between us.
· Legitimate Interests. We use personal data for our legitimate interests, including contact information, Service interaction, and Website usage data.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Protection of Individuals. We may use personal data to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms.
- Your Consent. We process certain personal data because you have given us your consent to process it in that manner.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
· Provide you with the Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
· Present our App and Website and their contents to you.
· Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it to for Services.
· Give you notices about your account.
· Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including, if applicable, for billing and collection.
· Notify you when updates to the Services are available, and about changes to any products or services we offer or provide though our Services.
· Contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
· Enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purposes with your consent.
Following termination or deactivation of an account, we may retain information and content for backup, archival, audit or other business purposes, or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws. We may maintain anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please e-mail info@MeetHook.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose anonymized, de-identified or aggregated information about our Hosts and Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, found at http://meethook.com/terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MeetHook, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with partners or the press, in order to, for example, demonstrate how our Services are used, evaluate industry trends, or to create our marketing materials. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App and/or Website to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App and/or Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Your Rights Regarding Data
Certain laws provide individuals with enhanced rights in respect of their personal data. These rights may include, depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding, and in certain cases the legal basis for, the processing of personal data, the following:
- The right to be informed of whether we hold personal data about you.
- The right to object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision-making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you;
- The right to request restriction of processing of personal data or object to processing of personal data carried out pursuant to (a) a legitimate interest (including, but not limited to, processing for direct marketing purposes) or (b) performance of a task in the public interest;
- The right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal data and have it amended as appropriate;
- The right to be provided with information about our policies and practices with respect to the management of personal data, including: (a) the name or title, and address, of the person who is accountable for our privacy policies and practices; (b) the means of gaining access to personal data; (c) a description of the type of personal data held by us, including a general account of its use; (d) a copy of any brochures or other information that explain our policies, standards, or codes; and (e) what personal data is made available to related organizations;
- The right to data portability, which means that you can request that we provide certain personal data we hold about you in a machine-readable format; and
- The right to erasure and/or the right to be forgotten, which means that you can request deletion or removal of certain personal data we process about you.
Where required by applicable law, we will respond to a valid request relating to your rights within one month of receipt, or within three months where a request is complex or challenging. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to validate your request.
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to require us to:
· Provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information
· Provide you with a copy of the personal information we hold about you
· Update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you
· Delete any of your personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use
· Where processing is based on consent, stop that particular processing by withdrawing your consent
· Object to any processing based on our legitimate interests unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights
· Restrict how we use your personal information whilst a complaint is being investigated
· Transfer your personal information to a third party in a standardized machine-readable format.
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying and Correcting Collected Data
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal data collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us information in our database is not accurate. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Accordingly, please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify, us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and update your account information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile or settings page.
If you delete Content from the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by Hosts or Users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Services, including Content, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Hosts and Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to info@MeetHook.com.
Collection of information by Third Party Providers
Amazon Web Services
Stripe and PayPal
All payment transactions made through the Services are processed by (i) Stripe, a service offered by Stripe, Inc. and (ii) PayPal, a service offered by PayPal, Inc. Stripe and PayPal are used for payment and payout processing for Users and Hosts.
Other Third Party Collection of Information
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Services may be served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content and application providers, and your mobile device manufacturer and mobile device service provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
MeetHook does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information you provide to us through your use of the Services will be encrypted using industry standard technology. As detailed more fully in our Terms of Service, all payment transactions are processed through Stripe, a service offered by Stripe, Inc. Payment information is passed directly via SSL encryption to Stripe for payments and payouts for payroll; credit card information provided through Stripe is kept in Stripe’s servers. We secure the transport using HTTPS to encrypt data to and from the servers, Users, and third party providers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your account information and password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that our Website and App are secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Data Protection Officer
To further ensure Data Security, we have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the contact information set out below.
511 Avenue of the Americas, #81
New York, NY 10011